Frequently Asked Questions – Here you can find some of the most common questions that people ask:
We pack our deli meats in recyclable paper bags to keep them fresher longer, and it’s better for the environment.
Our in-house made deli meats and sausage are free of gluten and msg. Most items are also soy and dairy free – speak to one of our friendly staff when you’re in and they can help you pick the right product for your dietary needs
We do! Read through our Catering Serivces page for details.
Fine Ground Kobassa has smaller pieces of meat in the sausage fill. Some people prefer the Coarse Ground Kielbasa because of its thicker texture and has chunks of ham in it. Both are gluten and msg free.
All our in-house made meats are dairy free except jalapeno cheddar smokies and jalapeno cheddar loaf. If you’re not sure, feel free to ask!
Fresh, hand trimmed meats, fresh garlic, the finest spices, and a secret family recipe.
We currently produce 37 unique products in-house. Our selection is always changing and growing!
Please call ahead and let us know the number you need, it will be waiting for you when you arrive. If you are a last minute shopper we can make one for you while you wait, if time allows.
Anything from the loin (the long muscles along the spine, outside the ribs) area will be extremely tender and flavourful.
Walter says “new york strip”.
Olga says “rib eye”.
- Vacuum sealed meats can last up to 3 weeks when refrigerated
- Our lunch meats are paper-wrapped and will last up to 5 days when refrigerated
- Start with a quality cut of meat, let sit out of the fridge for 30 minutes while the oven preheats to 240°C/475°F.
- Fill the bottom of a roasting pan with your preferred vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and a broken apart head of garlic are magic!) and some oil (olive works well).
- Place the roast on top of the vegetables and season with oil, salt, pepper, and your choice of fresh herbs. Baste the roast once, and add a splash of water to the pan if the vegetables start to look dry.
- Once the roast is cooked to your preference, remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. The roast will have an internal temperature of 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium. Cover with foil and a tea towel to let sit for 15-20 minutes so the juices remain inside.